Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today's the Day!

I have walked a long winding road of image issues throughout my life. Starting when I was 16 and approached by a modeling agency with the fancy dreams of being shipped over to Germany to display my very prominent German features.


At the time I was as tall as I am now, 5' 10" yet I weighed only 145 pounds. Even that was to fat for the modeling agencies, they wanted me to lose at least 20 more pounds. I went on a crazy anorexic diet, working out all the time and still only managed to take off 10 additional pounds! It was pretty insane that they wanted me to lose weight at all, but, that seems to be what they want from models anymore.

A very short while after this I ran off with the man of my dreams and spent many abusively controlling years hating myself and in turn gaining a lot of fat.  In fact I went from that very small 145 pounds to a whopping 265 pounds in just a couple of very short years. By the time I was 22 I was wearing the same size clothes as my age and pushing my way to continue growing in age and clothes size for a good long time.

TigressSky @ 22 years old (on left)
Soon after the above picture was taken I left the abusive situation I was in and I began, without much hope, trying to lose the fat I had put on.

Yet slowly I did lose the fat and I was honestly surprised went I from a size 22 to a size 16! For awhile I even managed to get back into a size 12! Yet I was following unhealthy dieting techniques like Atkins and Lean Cuisine. These diet fads are not things that are meant to be long term or maintainable. They do not help you learn healthful living habits and eventually, when you stop using them you simply gain the weight back.

So, for awhile I spent time hovering between 180 and 200 pounds, wearing a size 16 to a 18.  I was never happy or comfortable with were I was at, but I also didn't believe in myself nor have the motivation to make any real change. So I sat uncomfortably at this size for a few years trying to be and feel sexy and confident and never really achieving either.

31 years old

32 years old
Then something happened. One day I just decided to really do it, to really figure out how to change my life. I was not dieting anymore.  I was going to live my life and be happy doing it!

Slowly I built my diet and stopped dieting! My everyday eating choice were soon packed full of smart, healthy, unprocessed nutrition that didn't leave me feeling deprived of anything food wise. As well I added activity to my life and found many more fun and enjoyable ways I could live this adventure called life. Slowly I shed the fat I had put on and suddenly I fit into a size 9, something I never ever dreamed of!

TigressSky - 18 Month Weight Loss Progression - 34 years old 
It is what I accomplished through this experience that filled me with the desire to start working with and helping others. Many of whom have looked at me and said, "how can I do what you did?"

It took me a year to figure out how to start helping people and know what to say to answer their questions.

So begins my foray into testing my ability to be a personal trainer and help keep people motivated by providing them inspiration and information they can use on their own journeys to live their lives and be happy doing it!

So lets get to it!
~TigressSky~




I think that a lot of times we confuse "can't" with "don't care enough to try. --Ben Davis



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Can't wait to keep reading. Good for you, Ember. I am so excited for you and even though this is all you, I am happy to be able to share in it!

    Melonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I hope this blog proves helpful to you soon!

    ~Ember~

    ReplyDelete